Angiology specialises in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the veins, arteries and lymphatic vessels. We are able to confirm a clinical diagnosis using advanced, non-invasive vascular function tests, such as a Doppler ultrasound scan.
Why do I need to see a specialist?
Our vascular specialist provides diagnostic services and treatments for patients with vascular conditions affecting the veins, arteries and lymphatic vessels.
You can make an appointment with our highly experienced vascular specialist if you think or know you have one of the following medical conditions:
- iperipheral arterial disease affecting the legs (narrowed or blocked arteries causing reduced blood flow)
- venous thromboembolic disease (including deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism)
- varicose veins affecting the legs (veins close to the surface of the skin become abnormally enlarged because the small valves inside the vein stop working properly)
- lymphoedema (lymphatic system stops working properly causing swelling, which can become extremely painful)
- microcirculation disorders (circulation of the blood in the smallest blood vessels, which form a branching network between the arterial system and the venous system)