We offer outpatient appointments for specialised consultations and also deliver advanced in-patient care for more complex gastrointestinal and hepatological conditions. From diagnostic investigations through to treatment and follow-up, our highly-skilled team at Hôpital de La Tour ensures patients receive comprehensive care for an extensive range of medical conditions affecting the gastrointestinal tract, pancreas, bile ducts and liver.
The specialist field of gastroenterology is dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care of a wide range of medical conditions, with some listed below.
- Gastrointestinal tract:
- gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and stomach and duodenal ulcers
- upper and lower gastrointestinal bleeding
- precancerous cells in the stomach and oesophagus (for example, Barrett's oesophagus)
- inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis)
- screening and staging for cancers of the digestive system
- bowel polyps
- oesophageal motility disorders
- eosinophilic oesophagitis
- coeliac disease
- Pancreas and bile ducts:
- blocked bile ducts (for example, due to gallstones or tumours)
- pancreatic cysts
- acute and chronic pancreatitis
- diagnosis and staging for pancreatic and bile duct cancers
- further testing for abnormal liver results
- acute and chronic hepatitis (viral hepatitis, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), etc.)
Diagnostic investigations and treatment procedures
We are proud to offer the latest technology, such as innovative endoscopy equipment featuring cutting-edge diagnostic tools, allowing us to perform a wide range of endoscopic examinations and treatment procedures for our patients.
- oesophago-gastro duodenoscopy (OGD)
- small bowel video capsule endoscopy
- pancreato-biliary and upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopic ultrasound (diagnostic investigations and treatment procedures)
- endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- insertion of a prosthetic implant within the GI tract (stent)
- insertion of a percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG)
To ensure our patients have the most comfortable experience possible, propofol sedation is usually administered before our specially-trained doctors and nurses perform an endoscopic examination.
Why choose Hôpital de La Tour?
Multidisciplinary and comprehensive care
Patients benefit from the expertise of our sizeable team of on-site specialists to ensure the best possible multidisciplinary and comprehensive care for their medical condition and general health.
We work closely with specialists from a wide range of fields, including:
We work together as a dedicated team with our colleagues in the internal medicine department and intensive care unit to provide in-patient services for more complex cases.
We also hold multidisciplinary meetings to carefully review patient cases with specialists from oncology, gastroenterological and abdominal surgery and radiotherapy in order to establish the most appropriate treatment plan for pancreatic, bile duct and gastrointestinal cancer.
Comprehensive and state-of-the-art facilities
Our state-of-the-art endoscopy unit performs a comprehensive range of investigations and treatments to ensure our patients receive the highest standard of care.