We offer outpatient appointments for specialized consultations and also deliver advanced inpatient care for more complex gastrointestinal and hepatological conditions. From diagnostic investigations to treatment and follow-up, our highly-skilled team at Hôpital de La Tour ensures patients receive comprehensive care for an extensive range of medical conditions affecting the gastrointestinal tract, pancreas, bile ducts and liver.
The specialist field of gastroenterology is dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care of a wide range of medical conditions, some of which are listed below.
- Gastrointestinal tract:
- gastroesophageal reflux disease and stomach and duodenal ulcers
- upper and lower gastrointestinal bleeding
- precancerous cells in the stomach and esophagus (for example, Barrett's esophagus)
- inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis)
- screening and staging for cancers of the digestive system
- bowel polyps
- esophageal motility disorders
- eosinophilic esophagitis
- celiac disease
- Pancreas and bile ducts:
- blocked bile ducts (for example, due to gallstones or tumors)
- pancreatic cysts
- acute and chronic pancreatitis
- diagnosis and staging for pancreatic and bile duct cancers
- further testing for abnormal liver results
- acute and chronic hepatitis (viral hepatitis, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), etc.)
Diagnostic investigations and treatment procedures
We are proud to offer the latest technology, such as innovative endoscopy equipment featuring cutting-edge diagnostic tools, allowing us to perform a wide range of endoscopic examinations and treatment procedures for our patients.
- small bowel video capsule endoscopy
- insertion of a prosthetic implant within the GI tract (stent)
- insertion of a percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG)
- pancreato-biliary and upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopic ultrasound (diagnostic investigations and treatment procedures)
- endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
To ensure our patients have the most comfortable experience possible, propofol sedation is usually administered before our specially-trained doctors and nurses perform an endoscopic examination.
Why choose Hôpital de La Tour?
Multidisciplinary and comprehensive care
Patients benefit from the expertise of our sizable team of on-site specialists to ensure the best possible multidisciplinary and comprehensive care for their medical condition and general health.
We work closely with specialists from a wide range of fields, including:
We work together as a dedicated team with our colleagues in the internal medicine department and intensive care unit to provide inpatient services for more complex cases.
We also hold multidisciplinary meetings to carefully review patient cases with specialists from oncology, gastroenterological and abdominal surgery and radiotherapy in order to establish the most appropriate treatment plan for pancreatic, bile duct and gastrointestinal cancer.
Comprehensive and state-of-the-art facilities
Our state-of-the-art endoscopy unit performs a comprehensive range of investigations and treatments to ensure our patients receive the highest standard of care.