- Screening is by appointment only
- Please respect the reasons for consultation
- Children under age 12 are tested by prescription only
- Test results are sent only by text within 48 hours
- Restrictions about accompanying people are now lifted
- We still recommend not to arrive too early before your appointment
- Face masks are no longer required.
- Disinfecting your hands is still required
- Keep on maintaining social distancing in the waiting room and reception area when you can
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue or into your elbow
- Stay home if you have suspicious symptoms (fever, congestion, cough, etc.)
- All restrictions applying to visitors are lifted.
When to get tested
If you have symptoms AND
- You are a vulnerable person
- Or you live with a vulnerable person
Please refer to the current guidelines observed by the Canton of Geneva for more information.
Visitors are allowed without any special restriction, during the normal opening hours.
However, visitors to inpatients will once again be required to wear a mask and to take other protective measures, in particular to disinfect their hands. These measures are also obligatory for anyone experiencing respiratory symptoms.
You have an appointment for an outpatient consultation
Outpatient consultations are taking place normally, in compliance with essential health and safety measures.
If you display symptoms of covid-19, please inform your practitioner and cancel all visits and appointments that are not absolutely needed.
You have a scheduled surgical procedure
Mandatory screening tests are currently suspended. Note however that your doctor can still ask for one in some specific cases.
Completing your screening test
If you are asked to undergo a screening test, please make an appointment online above. Your test must be done 72 to 48 hours before your procedure. You will receive the results of your test by text only. You will be asked to show it when you are admitted to the hospital. If the result is positive, please contact your surgeon directly to discuss how to proceed.
Symptoms and contact with someone with COVID-19
Please tell your surgeon immediately if you have experienced a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, flu-like symptoms or been in close contact with someone who has had coronavirus (COVID-19) in the seven days before your admission.
In case of questions or concerns
Please contact your surgeon directly if you have any questions or concerns about the scheduling of your procedure. You can also find further information on our website, under your surgeon’s profile or on their surgical speciality page.
Hospitalization for COVID-19
In some cases, COVID-19 patients are treated at Hôpital de La Tour. Specific precautions are in place, adapted to the care they need.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 and need urgent medical attention, please call 144, which determines whether hospitalization or at-home care is appropriate.
Vaccination against COVID-19
The vaccination center of the Hôpital de La Tour closed its doors on July 27, 2021.
If you wish to know more about vaccination in Geneva, please click here, or call 0800 909 400 - 7/7 8am-7pm.
For all questions concerning COVID-19 and its development
We recommend that you consult the current cantonal guidelines and the Federal Office of Public Health (OFSP) website. The Swiss government provides a lot of up-to-date information and recommendations.