Our state-of-the-art health and performance laboratory at Hôpital de La Tour is proud to offer two hypoxic chambers, so that our patients can train in an innovative low-oxygen environment and enjoy the benefits of high altitudes without having to scale mountains.
Do you want to benefit from the most innovative training techniques based on the latest scientific publications? Do you want to improve your physical fitness as well as your ability to adapt to high altitudes? Our highly-specialised care is perfect if you are:
- an elite athlete, or someone who enjoys sport and exercise, and want to enhance your training, regardless of whether it involves high altitude
- a beginner or experienced mountaineer who wants to train for an upcoming climb
- physically inactive or unfit and want to improve your well-being and fitness
The effects of high altitude are beneficial for everyone.
Why choose our centre?
High altitude has a wide range of positive effects on the body, including:
- increased ability to transport oxygen
- improved muscle metabolism, stimulating respiratory function and enhancing the performance of the musculoskeletal system
In other words, hypoxia boosts your body’s metabolism.
We establish effective hypoxic training plans to help patients achieve their performance and health goals. Each plan is specially designed after a compulsory high-altitude introductory session and carefully personalised depending on your experience and goals.
- training on a bike or treadmill in a normobaric hypoxic chamber (with no change in atmospheric pressure) in altitudes ranging between 2,500 m and 4,000 m (depending on the training plan chosen)
- continuous training, i.e. at a constant intensity
- intermittent training, i.e. repeated sprint training at varying levels of intensity
- passive training, i.e. intermittent hypoxic exposure (IHE) in a relaxed, non-active state
Areas of use
- Endurance sports (running, trail running, cross-country skiing, ski mountaineering, cycling, etc.)
- Team sports (football, rugby, basketball, ice hockey, tennis, etc.)
Trekking and mountaineering
For anyone who is planning an upcoming climb or trek.
Several studies have shown that physical exercise combined with hypoxia has beneficial effects on weight loss as well as preventing cardiovascular disease.
- One-hour introductory session: 100 CHF
- 6 sessions
- 45 minutes each: 450 CHF
- 60 minutes each: 570 CHF
- 12 sessions
- 45 minutes each: 800 CHF
- 60 minutes each: 1,000 CHF
- 18 sessions
- 45 minutes each: 1,200 CHF
- 60 minutes each: 1,500 CHF