The plan is carefully tailored to your medical condition and abilities. It includes daily tasks and each week consists of:
- 3* one-hour sessions of cardiovascular physiotherapy with a gradual increase in intensity
- 1 walk outdoors
- 1 relaxation session
- 1 daily patient education session
*You may use a swimming pool for one of your physiotherapy sessions, subject to certain conditions.
You will also receive a wide range of patient education materials, helping you to better understand your medical condition and make healthy lifestyle changes in order to prevent a relapse.
The outpatient cardiovascular rehabilitation plan is for anyone who has had:
- a heart attack, also known as a myocardial infarction
- cardiovascular surgery (surgery on the heart or great vessels)
- coronary angioplasty
- heart failure
This effective six-week plan is covered by basic health insurance in Switzerland (LaMal) and also by international health insurance plans. Patients usually take time off work during rehabilitation and care starts as soon as possible after returning home.
Our rehabilitation plan has several goals:
- Improve cardiac function
- Prevent a relapse
- Improve your quality of life in the long term
- Teach you how to manage cardiovascular risk factors
- Help you to understand your medication
- Help you to manage everyday physical activities
This plan is delivered by a specialist multidisciplinary team of:
Download the registration form in PDF format here. (in French)