Our highly-experienced team is made up of physiotherapists specialising in cardiology, pulmonology and metabolism care. Part of our work involves providing cardiopulmonary support care for patients following hospitalisation due to heart or lung disease or if a chronic medical condition gets worse. We also support patients after cardiothoracic and gastroenterological surgery.
We deliver comprehensive bedside care to patients admitted to all departments within Hôpital de La Tour, including the intensive and emergency care units. We also offer a range of outpatient services, from one-to-one care to group rehabilitation sessions.
We coordinate comprehensive care from a specialist medical team who works together to achieve a common goal: supporting patients in their return to physical activity and improving functional abilities.
Cardiopulmonary function tests
To ensure you receive an accurate diagnosis of your condition, we perform an extensive range of specialised tests, including:
- spirometry (breathing test)
- cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- walk test (exercise-induced asthma)
Pulmonary rehabilitation techniques
We introduce the best possible pulmonary rehabilitation techniques to improve your breathing and daily use of ventilators while helping you to clear your lungs when necessary, for example:
- body positioning
- chest percussion (light pressure)
- teaching you how to use an efficient and cost-effective ventilator
- Inspirex: a device for breathing stimulation
- non-invasive ventilation (NIV): breathing support administered through a face mask or nasal mask
- cough assist device: clears secretions from the lungs in patients who have difficulty coughing
We use these different techniques to treat chronic pulmonary conditions, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma.
Our specialist team is with you every step of the way and equips you with all the tools and knowledge you need to better manage both your treatment and your medical condition and its impact on your health and life in general. We are dedicated to delivering cardiopulmonary care for all your needs, including:
- for major surgery
- explaining the effects on your breathing and respiratory system
- support to return to physical activity safely
- teaching you how to use spray inhalers
- teaching you how to use home oxygen therapy (breathing support)
- teaching you how to use a non-invasive ventilation (NIV) device or continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)
- in cases of sleep apnoea (CPAP)
- in cases of chronic respiratory failure (NIV)
- support to stop smoking with the help and advice of specially-trained professionals
Our five outpatient rehabilitation plans
Our rehabilitation plans aim to improve your symptoms, reduce the risk of relapse and help you to better manage your medical condition so you can live life to the fullest. Each plan takes place over several weeks and includes several weekly sessions.
Our rehabilitation plans involve multidisciplinary care from the following medical professionals:
- doctors specialising in cardiology, pulmonology, oncology, endocrinology and diabetes and other fields
- specialist physiotherapists
Each plan includes:
- assessments by various specialists
- indoor physical activity
- outdoor Nordic walking
- water aerobics
- patient education
Our rehabilitation plans
- Cardiac rehabilitation plan: Cardio-Tour (accredited by the Swiss Society of Cardiology)
- Pulmonary rehabilitation plan (accredited by the Société Suisse de Pneumologie (Swiss society of pulmonology))
- Cancer rehabilitation plan
- Diabetes rehabilitation plan (accredited by DIAfit)
- Obesity rehabilitation plan (accredited by the Swiss Society for the Study of Morbid Obesity and Metabolic Disorders)
Our specific consultations
We also offer consultations for specific rehabilitation plans and comprehensive care for a wide range of medical conditions, including:
- swallowing problems
- shortness of breath, also known as dyspnoea
- exercise-induced asthma
Rendez-vous sur prescription médicale
You must be referred by a doctor for cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, for example your cardiologist or pulmonologist.
Our team will then coordinate your care.
Why choose Hôpital de La Tour?
Multidisciplinary and comprehensive care
At Hôpital de La Tour, patients benefit from the expertise of all our on-site specialists to ensure the highest level of care for their medical condition and general health. Having our specialists in this one location guarantees comprehensive and consistent care as quickly as possible.
We make sure you receive personalised care at all times, working closely with you to set realistic personal goals and support you every step of the way to ensure you achieve your targets.
Our highly-trained care professionals
Our team is specially trained in the fields of cardiology and pulmonology. Continuous training programmes alongside the determination and passion of our specialists to provide the best possible care for patients mean that we continually strive to update and expand our knowledge and expertise.
Care in line with recommendations from leading medical and scientific organisations
We make sure that our care draws together recommendations from the top medical and scientific organisations. We are also proud to have been awarded a number of certifications, particularly for our rehabilitation plans. These impressive certifications require us to meet rigorous criteria and guarantee the highest level of care for our patients at all times.