We are committed to providing personalized monitoring and follow-up care in a safe and reassuring environment featuring backup support services. Our highly-skilled specialists and cutting-edge technical facilities ensure both inpatients and outpatients receive multidisciplinary and comprehensive care.
Gynecology-obstetrics also offers outpatient consultations for treating breast cancer, gynecological cancers and infections as well as for gynecological check-ups and pregnancy monitoring. Outpatient consultations are also available for problems related to puberty, fertility and menopause.
Gynecology is the medical specialty dedicated to female health. It also involves the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of medical conditions associated with the female reproductive system, including:
- contraception issues
- fertility problems
- menopause-related problems
- screening for gynecological cancers
- medical conditions affecting the female reproductive system, such as endometriosis
At Hôpital de La Tour, patients benefit from comprehensive and multidisciplinary care in all of these areas of expertise through our wide range of services, including:
- consultations for assisted reproductive technology
- a cancer center delivering care and treatment for breast cancer patients
Obstetrics is dedicated to:
- monitoring the physiological changes in pregnancy
- treating pregnancy-related conditions and common health problems experienced during pregnancy
- providing care during labor and after your baby is born
Having a wide range of specialists on site at Hôpital de La Tour means that we can offer the highest level of comprehensive care for every stage of your pregnancy and labor at a fully-equipped, state-of-the-art facility featuring backup support services, including:
Our highly-specialized fields
Reproductive medicine and gynecological endocrinology
Our specialist in this field:
Reproductive medicine deals with all aspects related to reproduction and focuses on fertility treatments for both men and women. We are committed to doing everything possible to help our patients have a baby, performing a range of infertility investigations and offering extensive fertility treatments, such as:
- hormone stimulation
- intrauterine insemination, also known as artificial insemination
- in vitro fertilisation (IVF)
We also offer tailored care and support for patients who have experienced recurrent miscarriages.
In gynecological endocrinology, we specialize in hormonal disorders in connection with the menstrual cycle, and their effects, as well as medical conditions affecting the ovaries, such as:
- problems related to the menstrual cycle (for example, stopped or missed periods)
- puberty-related issues
- ovarian cysts
- premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
Our specialists in this field:
- PD Dr med. Nicole Jastrow Meyer (consultations)
- Dre Romaine Robyr Susini (prenatal ultrasound - Ultrasound center)
Our highly-experienced specialist in maternal-fetal medicine provides the highest level of monitoring for women deemed to have a high-risk pregnancy. Risk factors can affect the safety and health of both baby and mother.
As a result, we ensure our patients receive extensive pregnancy monitoring and benefit from multidisciplinary expertise and treatment for medical conditions, including:
- high blood pressure, also known as hypertension
- heart disease
- infectious diseases
- kidney disease
Why choose Hôpital de La Tour?
Multidisciplinary and comprehensive care
Our specialists at Hôpital de La Tour work as a team to make sure our female patients receive multidisciplinary and comprehensive care at every stage of their lives, from adolescence through to pregnancy, labor and eventually menopause. We work closely with medical professionals from a wide range of fields, including:
- maternal medicine
- the maternity unit (for help and support, including prenatal classes, breastfeeding consultations and pelvic floor rehabilitation)
- the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) (for when your baby is born)
- osteopathy (during pregnancy monitoring and for postpartum follow-up care for you and your baby)
- medical imaging (for an extensive range of investigations) and interventional radiology services
- oncology (for patients with gynecological and breast cancers)
A safe and reassuring environment with backup support services
Hôpital de La Tour is always able to deliver the highest level of care in a safe and reassuring environment with backup support services available if necessary:
Hôpital de La Tour’s certified obstetrician-gynecologists can provide treatment and deliver babies at the maternity ward.
Here is a list of our certified obstetrician-gynecologists (in French)
On-call gynecologists 24/7
24/7 coverage is in place in our emergency department to take care of gynecological emergencies. Patients will be seen by the on-call gynecologist when their attending gynecologist is not available.
Patients with mandatory basic health insurance also have access to this service.
Our full list of on-call gynecologists is available in this PDF file.
Coronavirus: information about your pregnancy
If you are pregnant and would like to know more about the risks associated with coronavirus, we recommend that you watch this excellent informational video by our colleagues at Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) here (in French).