The Center for General Practice at Hôpital de La Tour offers patients easy access to a multidisciplinary team led by our general internists. . Acting as the gateway to the Hospital, the Center for General Practice helps to coordinate care with the other specialties on the La Tour Campus.
Why have a Center for General Practice?
By adopting an innovative approach to general internal medicine, we hope to:
- develop prevention and health promotion for healthy adults in order to prevent functional decline and early onset of polymorbidity
- improve the coordination of care by enabling patients to benefit from all the specialities available at Hôpital de La Tour
- develop comprehensive care for frail patients, in particular to meet the current challenge of an ageing population
- reduce avoidable hospitalisations, in line with our desire to apply the concepts of smarter medicine.
The Centre for General Medicine at Hôpital de La Tour will strengthen the general practice offering on Geneva's Rive Droite (Right Bank) and help to address the shortage of family doctors in the Canton.
What types of consultation are offered?
In this Center, we offer a range of care services based on:
- combined medical and care consultations (scheduled or urgent): a nurse welcomes you and prepares the medical consultation by carrying out the initial examinations. The doctor then carries out the consultation.
- follow-up consultations with a nurse: our nurses specialising in primary health care offer consultations specific to your pathology (vaccinations, monitoring your medication, follow-up care, etc.).
- prevention and health promotion consultations: if you are concerned about your quality of life, you can have a check-up and get advice on a prevention programme that includes physical activity, nutrition and stress management.
- Adult General internal medicine
How do I make an appointment?
You can book an appointment online using OneDoc:
Hôpital de La Tour
Avenue J.-D. Maillard 1bis
Left ground floor